Had too much fun on your beach holiday? As fun as it was, it also left you with a tan that you don’t really like. Worry not, here are a few natural ways to get rid of the tan and bring out your smooth and glowing complexion.
Tan Removal Home Remedies
1 Yogurt & Tomato Face Mask
Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps with smoothening your skin. Tomatoes, on the other hand, have antioxidants that brighten your natural complexion. Here is a quick recipe
- Grate a fresh and raw tomato
- Mix it with 2-3 spoons of plain yogurt or Dahi
- Apply it all over your face and let it sit for 20 mins
- Wash it off with normal water
2 Besan and Haldi (Gram Flour & Turmeric)
Besan is an excellent exfoliator and can be used for removing tan and dead skin off your face. Haldi has antibacterial, antifungal and brightening properties that bring natural glow on your face.
- Mix 2 spoons of besan with half a teaspoon of Haldi
- Add rose water (oily/combination skin) or milk (dry/normal skin) to make a smooth paste
- Apply it all over your face and neck and wait till it dries about 70%
- Gently exfoliate your face and neck in circular motions to remove the dead skin, blackheads, and tan from your face
- Wash it with normal water.
3 Potato Juice
Apart from being an excellent natural bleaching agent, it is also great for soothing your skin
- Peel the skin and grate 1 small potato in a bowl
- Squeeze out the juice completely with your hands
- Apply that juice evenly all over your face and neck
- You can soak cotton pads and put them on your eyes as well. It helps with removing dark circles
- Leave it on for 15 mins before washing it off
4 Cucumber Juice
Cucumber has 98% water content, which means that it is quite helpful when it comes to hydrating your skin. It is meant to soothe skin inflammation that can sometimes be caused due to tanning. Its cooling effect on the skin is very effective.
- Peel the skin and grate 1 cucumber in a bowl
- Squeeze all the water out
- Apply it all over your face with your hands or a cotton pad
- Let it sit for 20 mins before washing it off
You don’t need to look further than your own kitchen when it comes to getting that glow back!
You can also go with Soultree's Ayurvedic 3-Step Complete Detan Regimen