What is Pigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is a harmless skin condition that leads to some parts of the skin becoming darker than the rest. Although the exact cause of hyperpigmentation cannot be assessed, many factors may contribute to it such as hormonal imbalance, sun exposure, bad skincare products, etc.
Home Remedies for Pigmentation
Here are a few remedies if you have Hyperpigmentation.
1 Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse:
Apple cider vinegar contains natural bleaching properties that may lighten the blemishes over a period of time.
- Combine equal parts of Apple Cider Vinegar and water in a container.
- Apply it on your dark patches with a cotton swab and leave it on for 2-3 mins.
- Rinse it off thoroughly with normal water.
- For best results, use it every day for a month.
2 Milk Rinse:
Milk contains lactic acid which helps with lightening of dark spots or blemishes
- Soak a cotton ball in milk and gently rub it all over your blemishes.
- Wait for 10 mins before washing it off.
- Do it at least twice a day for four weeks for visible results.
3 Masoor Daal (Red Lentils) Face Mask:
Rich in antioxidants, Masoor daal is a great Natural remedy for hyperpigmentation.
- Soak daal overnight in water.
- Grind it into a fine paste in the morning.
- Mix it with rose water and apply it all over your face and neck.
- Wait for 20 mins before washing it off with normal water.
4 Papaya Mask:
It contains an enzyme called Papain that helps with exfoliation and breaking down those stubborn blemishes.
- Get ripe papaya and make a smooshy pulp of it.
- Apply this pulp or juice all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15-20 mins before washing it off.
- Do this every day for a month.
Try these options on a regular basis to see whether it will save you that expensive visit to the dermatologist.
Best of Luck!
Soultree's Ayurvedic Products to Reduce Pigmentation
Also, Read This: Easy & Simple Everyday Skin Care Routine