Ever thought of using the peels from your daily dose of fruits and vegetables, for your daily beauty routine? For example, you would not want to throw away banana peels if you knew what they could do for your skin.
Banana peel has high amounts of essential nutrients and makes for a versatile addition to one’s skin care routine.
You can use it to -
1 Treat Acne and Sun Damage
The vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties in Banana Peel can treat acne and various damages caused by prolonged exposure to the sun. Here is what you need to do.
- Wash your face with a gentle face wash and pat it dry
- Pick a small piece of banana peel and rub its inside on the affected area
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off
- For best results, repeat twice a day
- Do it regularly for 10 days to see results
2 Minimise Wrinkles and Brighten Skin
You can reap the benefits of its high antioxidant content to minimise wrinkles and bring out your natural glow.
- Use a mild cleanser or face wash to remove all traces of dirt and makeup from your face
- Rub the peel over your skin and leave for 30 mins
- Rinse your face and moisturise with an anti-aging night cream
3 Reduce Under Eye Dark Circles and Puffiness
The high antioxidant content in banana peel improves blood flow and nourishes the sensitive skin around your eyes.
This is what you can do.
- Pick a piece of banana peel and place its soft side down onto your eye area
- Close your eyes and relax for 30 minutes
- Remove the peel, rinse off and apply an under eye gel
Now that you know about the wonderful benefits of banana peel, do not just throw it away.