Dryness and frizz. If you have curly hair, you must be way too familiar with these problems. Not only do the strands become prone to breakage but also lose their shine due to lack of moisture. Managing your curls does not have to be so difficult if you follow these tips.
1. Do not Wash Your Hair too Frequently
Keep a gap of at least 2 days between washes. Frequent washing can double the damage by opening your cuticles and removing natural oils.
2. Choose a Hydrating Shampoo or Conditioner
Ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Honey, Hibiscus, Onion Oil, Olive Oil and Coconut Oil have deep moisturising properties that also restore scalp health and boost hair growth. Go for shampoos and conditioners which contain at least one of them as the main ingredient.
3. Oil Your Hair
Oil your hair at least twice a week to lock-in moisture and promote hair growth. Go for hydrating ingredients such as Virgin Coconut oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Flaxseed oil, Hibiscus oil, Sesame oil, etc.
4. DIY hair mask
1. Banana & coconut oil: Bananas are a rich source of vitamin B6, potassium, protein and other nutrients that nourish the scalp. Meanwhile, Coconut is rich in Lauric Acid which improves scalp health, prevents infections and boosts hair growth.
2. Honey and olive oil: Make a smooth blend of Olive Oil and Honey. The former has rich moisturising properties & Vitamin E while the latter has deep conditioning properties. This combination will help seal in moisture and prevent hair fall.
3. Aloe Vera: The colorless pulp of Aloe Vera makes for an excellent conditioner that hydrates your hair and prevents scalp infections.
5. Watch out for harmful chemicals
It is good to be aware of the ingredients in our hair care products. Chemicals such as Silicone, Sulfate, Paraben, Triclosan, etc. are largely present in conventional shampoos. While these chemicals smoothen and give your hair instant shine, they also strip away natural oils. Switch to Ayurvedic products that are free of such harmful chemicals.
Here’s hoping that these simple tips will help you manage your curls better!
Also, Read This: 5 Harmful Ingredients in Shampoos You Should Avoid