Acne occurs is mainly due to hormonal issues, stress, food and lifestyle choices. Here are a few easy to use DIY masks that you can make at home. These will help you with the reduction of acne and the scars.
Homemade Face Masks for Acne
1 Multani Mitti (Fullers Earth) + Tea Tree Oil:
While tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, Multani Mitti will help soak in the excess oil of your face.
- Mix 3 spoons of Multani mitti with 1-2 drops of Tea Tree oil.
- Mix an appropriate amount of water or Rosewater to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on your face, neck and other areas that are prone to acne (like your back).
- Leave it on for 15 mins before washing it off with cold water.
2 Aloe Vera + Turmeric Face Mask:
Aloe Vera has tremendous soothing properties which work well on inflamed skin that has acne and Turmeric has antibacterial properties that will help with reducing the acne in the long run
- Mix 3-4 spoons of pure Aloe Vera gel with a pinch of turmeric
- Apply this mixture on your face for 10 mins and wash it off with cold water.
3 Green Tea Mask:
Green tea contains powerful antioxidants that help the body with overall health benefits including acne scars.
- Brew a cup of green tea for 10 mins (Strong)
- Let it cool completely.
- Fill it in a spray bottle and spray it all over your face. Alternatively, soak it in a cotton pad and apply it all over the face.
- The bottle can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
4 Cinnamon + Honey Mask:
Cinnamon has strong antimicrobial properties and greatly helps with reducing the acne and the subsequent scars. Honey with its antibacterial properties helps to stop the infection as well as nourishes the skin
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Apply it evenly on the face and neck and leave it for 10-15 mins.
- Wash it off with cold water.