Winters can be especially hard on your hair with the cold, dry air and lack of moisture. From itchy scalp to frizz, you have quite a few reasons to take good care of your hair. Read along and find how you can fix some common hair problems during winter.
Winter Hair Care Problem
1 Prevent Frizzy Hair
A regular oil massage can be quite effective in treating dryness and frizz. Go for a lukewarm oil massage twice a week and leave it on overnight.
You can also use a homemade banana hair mask to infuse hydration. Here’s what you can do
- Mash-up a ripe banana and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix well until it turns into a fine paste
- Massage into your hair, concentrating on the ends
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash and condition as usual
Meanwhile, let your hair dry naturally after a wash. Intense heat from hairdryers soaks up moisture from your hair cuticles, resulting in dry and dull hair.
2 Treat Dry Scalp
Ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Honey, Hibiscus, Onion Oil and Olive Oil have deep moisturising properties that also help restore scalp health and boost hair growth. Go for hair care products that contain at least one of them as the main ingredient.
3 Get Rid of Dandruff & Itchiness
With their anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, Apple cider vinegar and Tea Tree Oil are quite effective in treating dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in warm water and use it to rinse your hair after shampoo.
- You can also add 2-5 drops of tea tree oil to a mild shampoo or mix it with olive oil and apply directly into your scalp.
4 Avoid Static
Although it does not cause any damage, static can be quite a nuisance and mess up your hair. Use Jojoba or Coconut Oil as a leave in conditioner to keep your hair in place. Rub a small amount into your palms and apply it through your strands.
Avoid plastic combs and go for a wooden one with wider teeth.
We hope that these tips will help you prepare for the next winter!
Also, Read This: DIY Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair